I placed an order for a diaper bag through the website for Geek-a-Bye-Baby (which as of the this date is no longer accessible) on Feburary 13th of 2015 for 1 item. My credit card account was charged that same day. I did receive an initial email acknowledging my purchase, but have received nothing since. I have contacted the business to inquire as to the status of my order via email twice and through the website itself once, but have not received any response.

As I became concerned as to the legitimacy of this business, I began to research further. I have since found that the business, run by Elizabeth Nelson, has several other sites pertaining to the business (etsy.com/people/geekabye…, twitter.com/geekabyebaby, geekabyebaby.tumblr.com, and instagram.com/geekabyeba…) and on several of them claim that some proceeds from the business go toward a charity she also claims to run with her husband (austinbrowncoats.com). It should be noted that this charity seems to have been striped of 501c status and has been seemingly inactive since 2012 (although other chapters of the charity run through other cities appear to be both active and legitimate), so I'm not sure how any proceeds are actually going to any charity.

Signs I wish I had noticed previously include: the owner has not made postings on the social media based sites for the business since January 25th, the fact that "Event calendars" for both the business and charity are outdated by a couple years, and that commenting via the Facebook page for the business has been turned off.

I find the practices of this business, based on my own experience as well as the experiences of others (bbb.org/central-texas/bu…, geek-a-bye-baby.pissedco…, ripoffreport.com/r/Geek-…, community.babycenter.com…, and reddit.com/r/dragoncon/c…) to show a history of failure to fulfill orders and to communicate with clients. I am left to wonder if it was ever the intent of the business owner to actually fill orders.

At this point, I would like my money back. I do not want the product anymore, as I doubt it ever existed.

This reviewer shared experience about "never received item or response" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $91. The author is overall dissatisfied with Geek a Bye Baby. The most disappointing about diaper bag from Geek a Bye Baby was did not receive items Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Geek a Bye Baby.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Kids' Stores category for more informed decision or compare Geek a Bye Baby to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Geek a Bye Baby?

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #972384

If you payed with paypal contact them asap.I made a complaint last month and was reimbursed.

Shortly after the website went down. I was told if they believe the company is commenting fraud they will go after them which I believe they did.

Even if you paid with Credit Card you can call and report fraud through site.I'm sure they have them on file